- What are warts?
- Warts, also called verruca vulgaris, are small fleshy bumps that occur on the skin or mucus membrane
- There are several different types of warts, including plantar warts, which occur on the soles of feet, and common warts, which can occur on hands, the face, legs, or other areas of the body
- What causes warts?
- Warts are caused by various strains of human papillomaviruses. Different strains may cause warts in different parts of the body. Warts can be spread from one location on the body to another or from person to person by contact with the wart.
- How can I treat and remove skin tags?
- Though there is no cure for the human papillomavirus, the condition that causes warts, several treatments are available.
- Wart removal may be performed in office by a physician, dermatologist, or licensed healthcare professional. Additional over the counter treatments are available, including product that contain salicylic acid, which can burn or freeze the wart. These products may be harmful to the skin or cause pain
- ProVent® offers drug-free, natural home-care remedies to treat warts and other skin conditions. We offer a wart removal patch as well as a topical oil, which can both be used to treat and remove plantar or common warts
Wart Questions Print
Created by: Jon Romanow
Modified on: Fri, 21 Aug, 2020 at 3:51 PM
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.